Whether a leak is caused by shifting ground, age, abrasion, or installation Issues, Bacon Plumbing Heating Air Electric can help!
Over time, weather and foundation shifts can cause dramatic, yet unassuming changes to your home. The term “slab leak” is used to explain any non-visible leak in the pipes or drains installed throughout the concrete foundation of your home. Because slab leaks are not immediately visible, they often go undetected for long periods of time, which can lead to mold growth, foundation collapse, and other devastating consequences.
Bacon Plumbing Heating Air Electric knows how difficult finding and repairing a slab leak can be for homeowners. That’s why our technicians are extensively trained to detect leaks with our slab leak detection service. Once a leak is detected, we’ll implement a solution right away to protect your property and minimize the damage to your home.
Signs You Need Slab Leak Detection:
Because a slab leak can go undetected for months or even years before you begin to see the damage, it’s important to be on the lookout for early warning signs. Here are a few common indicators that you may have a slab leak:
- A sudden and unexplained spike in your water bill
- Mildew or moisture buildup under floors or carpeting
- Running water sounds even when taps aren’t turned on
- Puddles of standing water around your home
- Unusually low water pressure
- Sudden cracks in your walls or baseboards
- An odor of mold or mildew